Maintenance for Whiteboards
For normal everyday use, we suggest using Rite-On brand markers and removing your marks using the dry erase cloth.
To make sure that your board lasts you for years, you can follow a few simple rules for use:
- Only use markers designated as dry-erase - do not use permanent markers, highlighters, coloring markers, etc.
- Do not apply any sort adhesive to the board - this includes tape, glue, sticky tak, etc.
- Erase your board with whiteboard erasers only. Do not use any sort of abrasive to erase marks from the board.
- Do not allow dry erase marks to remain on the board for longer than 24 hours before they are erased - this can cause a "ghost" of the text to remain on the board. If ghosting occurs, follow the directions on our Cleaning Your Whiteboard page.
- Once a week, use MooreCo Green EraseTM board cleaner spray to clean your entire whiteboard. Lightly rinse the board with clean water afterwards. This will keep your board surface protected and make ghosting less likely to happen.